Monday 26 October 2020

hedgepigs and hedgefunds



 Back at the wildlife hospital the hedgies are preparing for winter


Noa however is preparing to make a large investment. Having destroyed most of my paperwork she has taken to the newspapers. I notice it is the financial section she is most interested in. I wonder if she's considering a ponzi scheme or just checking out the hedgefunds.

Also preparing for winter Harry and Trude are tucking into the hay. Noa on the other hand has heard so many people say "you could put a saddle on that" that I think she thinks she might be a horse too, in which case jumping hedges rather than investing in them might be the answer.

After the hedgehog session I came home with a one eyed rook. Not sure what her survival rate will be out in the wild so am keeping an eye on her (so to speak).



I wonder how many of the rooks I've cared for and released are up here in the sky. I love watching them in their winter quarters before they move back to nest building in their nursery trees next year.


Pocket could barely open an eye when I asked him how the writing was going but he managed to inform me he was working on a novel called Purrrrrsuasion. I think you'll find Jane Austin wrote that and it was called Persuasion I informed him. Well that's not my story he told me cattily, my story features a handsome Captain Wentworth and his long lost love Anne. It's about a second chance and we all need one of those! Precisely I said and they've made a film of it.
I've asked Rocket to be Captain Wentworth in my version he announced and flounced off to his computer.


Rocket said he didn't think he'd be able to learn the lines but wouldn't mind wearing the hat.
Beautiful rosa mundi

and the last of an unknown rose in the garden.




Pity The Nation — by Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Pity the nation whose people are sheep,
and whose shepherds mislead them.
Pity the nation whose leaders are liars, whose sages are silenced,
and whose bigots haunt the airwaves.
Pity the nation that raises not its voice,
except to praise conquerors and acclaim the bully as hero
and aims to rule the world with force and by torture.
Pity the nation that knows no other language but its own
and no other culture but its own.
Pity the nation whose breath is money
and sleeps the sleep of the too well fed.
Pity the nation — oh, pity the people who allow their rights to erode
and their freedoms to be washed away.
My country, tears of thee, sweet land of liberty.


1 comment:

  1. HeeHee You're a scream.
    Our General Judgement aint.
    Follow us to Seventh-Heaven.
    GBY

    ReplyDelete